Saturday, June 27, 2009

mid twenties

today was a crazy birthday. i remember last birthday, i spent in the mission home, in argentina. it was definitely a different feel.

it was a good birthday. i did begin the day with several phone calls. one from a dear dear friend, who informed me that i have officially entered into my mid-twenties.

not going to lie, it was a bit rough. it was like a sucker punch to the stomach. i think it caught me off guard. a bunch of things. i am 24... single, doing an internship, and really at this point don't have any serious prospects. what am i doing with my life? i am in my MID-TWENTIES. i really do not want to be home from my misison 7, 8, 9 years, and NOT married or close to it! BAH!

but then i got thinking about it... i once had a dear friend/roommate (yes, i have a ton of those), that had been home for 3 years before she had got married. she said that those three years were so great, she did so many things, that when finally 'the one' came around, she WAS ready.

so i here now declare, year 24 of my life WILL BE the greatest year. i AM going to live it up, i WILL do all that i can in order to prepare myself for that moment that i know i will be ready to stop running around and playing.

in the end, the day turned out great! it was quiet, did a little shopping, grabbed dinner and ended it with a delicious coldstone cake! i DID have one candle left after blowing, and you better believe i wished... (i closed my eyes super uber tight, wished, and blew).





5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You are so cute-wish I could've been there for some of that cake it looks delicious! Miss you tons! And just so you know any guy would be lucky to have you. You just haven't found a guy worthy of you yet. He's out there waiting for you though I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for adventure, youth, and enjoying yourself! Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I couldn't call you on the day, we will talk tomorrow!
    Love ya T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to scare you so early on your birthday day with the mid twenties, i hope it didnt ruin the rest of the day. But I agree, totally live up your life while you can. (and technically your in year 25 of your life now). Let me know when and where to buy my ticket I'm ready when you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Yesterday Talise! I am glad that you had a good day! I like your new resolve to live everyday to the fullest! That is true for every age and situation! I need to do more of that=) Love you Talise and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday...isn't it so weird to be getting older? I couldn't beleive that I was turning 23...still can't, I have learned that life moves ahead wither you are happy and having fun or not: why not make every year the best year of your life (and everyday the best day)?

    ReplyDelete