Tuesday, May 19, 2009

observations of fitness

i am no fitness buff. i love my food to much. but i do work out, and i think it is so that i can continue to eat. needless to say, i have been good about going to the gym.

yesterday i made a couple of observations of the gym. i sat there lifting weights, and chuckled, cause it is such a humorous place. again i don't say this because i am better than everyone at the gym, nor am i judgmental, but these are just observations that made me smile.

just imagine in your head...an asian man in middle 60's trying to get in shape. however, i think a sitting up bench press of ten pounds does little to nothing. but man, was homeboy struggling. so who knows maybe it was an intense workout for him.

next, homegirl around the track. lets just say she was doing the motions of a jog at the speed of a slow walk. how does that work? i don't know, but she had it perfected!

i wonder if the men with tattoos get a discount on the membership fee. in the weight area, i think all men have tattoos that are just absolutely absurd. why is it necessary? one time i even saw a really old guy (not the asian man) with a superman tattoo on his forearm. maybe it is a reminder...?

and the odor of a gym. in the weight area.. it is just ronchy! i mean you think that there is more sweat around the cardio machines... but no no no. it is bad. actually in the cardio area it is pleasent...

...because of all the really rich moms that feel the need to stay in shape and one up the next, while gossiping about the their daughters friends. but don't worry they have already done their hair, makeup, and put on their perfume!

not me! in fact yesterday, my eye kept being caught by this brown spot on my chest... what was it? oh right, a piece of a chocolate chip, from the chocolate chip cookie i ate on the way out. maybe it was supposed to be a motivation tool.

sometimes i think that the gym is more entertaining than ever. i mean i won't even go into the locker room. that is a totally different level!

someday the gym will fulfill its purpose for me, but for now i shall use the new verb i learned and say that it hapifys me!

6 comments:

  1. nice! I was laughing the whole time. Especially about the choc. chip cookie and the asian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the chocolate chip!!! Remember when we used to hit the gym... man, good times! I feel like that old Asian man. I tried weight lifting this week (7lbs 10 lifts, 3 repeatitions) pretty sure I didn't realize I was that week. I am so sore! Yeah for going to the gym though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok seriously I think you are the funniest person i know. I loved loved loved this oh i'm still laughing. Have a good one luv ya oodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up Talise! I love reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so glad that people ARE reading.. haha i don't know why it would make a difference or not, i might continue to write, and pretend that people read. but i LOVE the comments! i miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh so hard! You need to move here and live with me again. We'd lose weight just laughing all the time!...ok probably not because we'd be eating at the same time like you said. but we'd still go to the gym just to be entertained by those people :).

    ReplyDelete