as a result of being in an apartment, i don't want to do anything too permanent. (that could be commitment issues too...haha) so i saw/heard of the idea of putting fabric on your walls instead of painting or wallpapering.
i have a large wall... that i just empty so that is the wall i am working with.
here are the options.
fabric blocks/panels. this probably would be the most simple. it allows me to have several prints. i don't think i'd have as much of a variety as the picture shows. but some sort of symetrical design to the blocks.
fabric walls. this is where the idea originated. it is a big task to pick the perfect fabric to accent the room. i could also have it as shown in the picture (where you put a wire across the wall, and hang it from that) or i could put it flat on the wall, like wallpaper. but believe it or not, it will peel off when i move.

and lastly the panels with molding. this is the best picture i could find that depicts my idea. it is a little different. in stead of it being a square in the middle of the wall, i'd have the molding go from top to bottom with the fabric in the middle.
let me know what you think. i'm liking having a place that allows me to decorate! i just need my friends to help me make these decisions!

I like the second option. I don't think it would be too hard to make that curtain. You're right the hardest part is picking the fabric. I would go something that is elegant but not too flashy (eg: My couches are brown so I would maybe look for a brown and cream fabric in a classy pattern). Try a few different sample fabrics too (like 1/2 a yard or more). I imagine larger patterns would be better in that style but I haven't seen one in person before.
ReplyDeleteMy second vote is the squares :-) Good Luck, your Brave!
My vote is the fabric that is on different sizes of wooden blocks. Picking out the fabric will be the best part! That is what I would like anyways. Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteHi Talise!
ReplyDeleteI`m Antonella from Santo Tome..How are you?
I'm sorry for not immediately answer your comments facebook the other day.. Internet doesn't work very well here..
I also have a count on blogspot!
I love it your photos! are beautiful!
But I don't understand very well about that is.. Can you tell me?
Your blog is beautifull.. I love it!
Kisses for you..
Bye!!
I LOVE the fabric panels/blocks. I have seen this before and thought it is so cute (and would be a much easier task, I think at least.. & I'm all for easy)!! I might be doing something similar to it when addisyn gets a "big girl" bedroom. Oh man I can't believe she will be out of her crib soon *tear*.
ReplyDeleteI love the first option. I think it is such a great idea. I guess you could change the fabrics too depending on the season, etc, but that could be a lot of work. I am excited for what you end up doing though!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all of them, but my favorite is the first one with the fabric squares. It's so easy too! I did the same thing in our living room, except I just did two big ones. I bought some nice faberic and put it on big mounting boards. I really liked it. I wish I was there to help you with it, and see it!
ReplyDelete