Sunday, April 3, 2011

a new talent

...or something like that.

as a single young adult, i came to a realization that i want to continue to develop my skills, and not just sit around waiting to get married. i've been proud of myself over the last several months in trying new things.

my latest thing has been sewing. maybe a bit grandma-ish. but i have enjoyed it thus far. and at the end of a project, i am very proud of myself.

keeping myself busy has also been a great blessing. so here is my latest project. i found a designer, Amy Butler. i love her! i love her fabric and her patterns. i use this bag for work, to bring my lunch, ipad, additional things for work.



other projects i have done is a pea-coat -- which was intended for a friends little girl, but i was kinda a little embarrassed, not sure if it would really be functional, and so it still sits in my closet.



and lastly is another amy butler bag. i think this is such a fun bag. this is amy butler material as well.

so the next project, will be a bridesmaid dress. i am going to attempt to make one for a wedding this summer. luckily i will have my mom helping me out a LOT on that project. so, i'll keep you posted.

find something you've always wanted to do, and go for it --- dive in. you'll surprise yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I am really impressed! I love the material and the projects! Cody got me a sewing machine last Christmas and it fills me with guilt. I have not sewn a single thing since I got it. Cody, on the other hand, has used it several times. =) PS I have used the burp rags you got us a ton! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Amy Butler too! I cant wait till we move and get settled. I still havent used my sewing machine I got for christmas. But I plan on it. I will be calling you for help! P.S. I still think that coat is SO cute! Way to be domestic!

    ReplyDelete