Thursday, February 3, 2011

girls trip

this is the first of many girls trips. i have learned this last year, how worth it is to spend the money and take the time to visit friends!

analee, my freshman college roommate, and i went to los angeles. starting off the trip by picking up our stylish nissan versa. i didn't think anything of it, until we were driving off to santa monica, and passing maseratis and bentleys. but we got a kick out of it!

our first stop was santa monica. we walked the pier and saw some very interesting people trying to earn a little money or gain some fame. one being, "the only male contortionist from mongolia".

our next stop was a swap meet and newport beach. it was such a blast. i of course bought a knock-off purse, had an italian man try to sell me perfume and sniff my forearm at the swap meet. then analee and i rode a tandem bike! we had the biggest laughs as we rode down the boardwalk.


later that night i met up with krystal (from the mission) and her family. we went to a phenominal crepe restaurant! (leave it to me to ensure good food is part of the trip).

we then checked out hollywood, beverly hills, and the LA temple. it was so beautiful!
and then ended the trip at my very favorite disneyland. where the little kid in analee and i came out.

sometimes it is just fun to forget your woes, and to do lists and just have a little of fun! and so -- we are back to reality.


4 comments:

  1. Nice fanny pack!! ;) Haha. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys were able to go and see each other and have a fun girls weekend! Maybe I'll come visit you on D-day...if you know what I mean. Since I'm specifically not invited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did we not get a picture with Vera?? Oh man! I love the new title picture, newport? Thanks again Talise, I had a blast!! Today at work I was totally craving that crepe. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I am glad that you went. You look beautiful in all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete