Wednesday, March 30, 2011

can you tell or teach?

it has been a while since i've posted. i feel like i have so many things i want to write about --but i have NO pictures. Still no pictures --- but shall still write.

so my question to all is, can you tell a person to be considerate and nice? or do you have to teach them? at what point do you just decide --- there is no hope?

we have house guests living with us. for those of you who have talked to me recently, i have not been the biggest fan, that is the nice way to say it. i just feel that if i were living with someone, i would try to be almost, invisible. and when i could, i'd try to serve those i live with.

i guess i just feel like, the little actions go a long LONG ways. bringing in the trash can, unloading the dishwasher (which IS washing their dishes), clearing off the counters, buying your own laundry detergent. its interesting to me that they can bring in the mail, when its convenient for them (otherwise they just take what they need, and leave the rest in the mailbox).

whatever happened to social skills? being considerate of others. thinking outside of the box, and not always having to take care of yourself?

is it wrong for me to think that OTHERS too should have this mentality? is it my place to tell them... teach them? i would hope that this is NOT a common practice. cause if its... i am incredibly ashamed and embarrassed --- a bit upset that this is the idea others will get of these house guests.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Oh Talise...I don't know. I don't think you are wrong in expecting people to be respectful when they are in your home. I think that's just common sense and common courtesy. I myself am dealing with people who I just don't understand how disrespectful they can be (you know what I'm talking about!). I don't think these people can be taught...but I think there's a line that needs to be drawn and people need to know that certain bahaviors aren't acceptable and you wont stand for certain things. Good luck! I hope the guests realize what a priviledge they've been given to stay in your home!

    ReplyDelete