Sunday, April 4, 2010

general conference 2010


i seem to anticipate that general conference weekend will go by slow, be relaxing. yadda yadda yadda. FALSE. completely false. but i love every moment of it all!

i am so lucky to start of the weekend with a mission reunion, where my mission president really sets the tone perfectly. i am guided so much by this great man, in how i can become a better person.

then i go to conference, and it keeps coming! alex and i got to go to the first session in the conference center. and then we grabbed a burrito at the taco bus on the corner and went to the tabernacle to watch the second session.

it was amazing, the tabernacle. as i walked in i remembered that it was in that edifice, that i had seen a prophet for the first time (almost 9 years ago.) and then to top it off, the mormon tabernacle choir sang, we thank thee oh god for a prophet. how appropriate.

i am so grateful for all the opportunities i have. every moment of life brings me so much joy. its only half way through, general conference, and i am so rejuvenated. i WANT to be a better person. i know i can. as elder holland so boldly stated, we need to be doers not just hearers.

and so we begin the battle, but with all the strength we need on our side. i love conference. the music. the counsel. the spirit. the feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of you and Alex, so cute! And your coat is adorable. Conference was great, my favorite session was saturday afternoon (although I missed sat morning due to addisyn's first egg hunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful picture. And I love the doers and not hearers. Great reminder. I hope you have been good, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete